Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Quote for the Day

"I am so grateful that you have come. I will pour out everything inside me so you may leave this table satisfied and fortified. Blessings on your eyes. Blessings on your children. Blessings on the ground beneath you. My heart is a ladle of sweet water, brimming over." (The Red Tent, Anita Diamant)

I have always had this book on my 'to read' list, knowing the accolades of many women readers. The book has been bought by me, sold by me, and rebought again, but I never did read it until now.

The quote above is one of the lines in the prologue. Sort of similar to the reason for writing a blog, no? Not meaning to minimize the talents of this world-acclaimed author, Diamant's words do seem to be transferable to communicating feelings, desires, experiences, aspirations from literary form to electronic media...just a thought.

3 comments:

Trekcapri said...

Hi Flygirl, that's a really cool quote. I have not heard of the author or her book before. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to read it as we are benefiting as well.

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy tomorrow night.

Annie said...

Wonderful! It's been on my "to read" list for a long time too. That quote makes me want to finally read it.

Anne said...

Love this. I keep thinking I must read this book, but haven't picked up a copy yet...this might be just the inspiration I need. I've just finished a book called Ali and Nino by Kurban Said...HIGHLY recommend it.