Monday, April 27, 2009

Life is Good

Summer arrived in Boston simultaneously with the Yankees. The Red Sox and Yankees played Round One of the 09 baseball season.

You don't have to be a Red Sox fan to have enjoyed these three games. The first game was a see-saw for the lead; Saturday's game was a marathon of hits; and last night's game was the appropriate crescendo with dramatic plays - an intentional walk to YOUK to get to hitless JD Drew - who doubled as their payback; Big Pappi got warm -finally; and Ellsbury stole home - yes, he did! A sweep - get out the brooms!

3 comments:

Trekcapri said...

Hi Flygirl, Congratulations on the big sweep! I caught a little bit of the game yesterday. Great steal!

girasoli said...

I loved how they walked Youkilis! Amazing series!!! Loved every minute of it!!

I can't believe they came back tonight. I heard it was 5-0 when I left work and didn't even listen to the end of the game when I got home.

And they really blew that game last night. Won't even go into how many ways they blew that game....

But 11 game win streak was pretty cool!

I just love baseball :)

Back in first. Life is good!!

flygirl said...

Amen, sistas!