Friday, October 9, 2009

Gratitude Friday: Oceans



I think salt air from the ocean runs in my blood. It's soothing, it sustains life and, sometimes, it can take life away. Makapuu Point - almost lost my life there in Hawaii if it weren't for a friend's help who noticed I couldn't swim against the rip current I found myself in unexpectedly. So, I'm grateful for the force of Mother Nature witnessed in the beauty and power of her oceans. And, grateful that Eddie was around that day...

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. ~ Mother Teresa

3 comments:

barb cabot said...

I love the ocean and respect it too. Love your quote. It's so true. We take for granted how important each small act is and how important each person is to the village.

Anne said...

Fantastic post. I almost used that theme for my Friday entry this week (but then one of my cats came along and purred me in a different direction!) I say that I have salt water in my veins too. I find the ocean so rejuvenating, the sound, the scent, everything about it soothes my soul. Thanks for a taste of the sea this day :)

girasoli said...

Makapuu has a nasty riptide. One of my favorite beaches though. Glad you were saved!!