Monday, May 25, 2009

Finally ...




..winter is gone, spring is alive, and summer is on its heels. Here are photos of my May garden, which I saw a lot of this weekend.

My friend, and cohort in my first trip to Hawaii, was ordained a minister too this weekend. Such a joyous achievement for she seems at peace with her life. She is a three-year survivor of neck and throat cancer and an extraordinary woman of great strength and a warm giving heart.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." ~ Albert Camus

1 comment:

Trekcapri said...

Hi Flygirl, you have a beautiful garden. Your friend's story is so inspiring and she sounds like a really wonderful person. Cool quote to go along with this very postive and uplifting post.

Thank you so much for sharing.