Wednesday, September 10, 2008

For One More Day and Eat, Love and Pray

"If you had the chance, just one chance, to go back and fix what you did wrong
in life, would you take it? And if you did, would you be big enough to stand
it?"


Stirs up a lot of emotion~
So, who would you spend one last day with and what would you say?

My mom. She died as I began my tumultuous teen years, and I was not a pleasant person to be around. 'Challenging' would be a mild word to describe me during that time of self-centeredness and rudeness. It's a path most teenagers detour to at that time in their lives - some exit quicker than I did.

I wasn't equipped with the foresight to see my mom's pain both physically and psychologically. I regret that. Humbly, I would ask her foregiveness. I would ask for her words of wisdom as a mother. Yes, that's it. No instructions come with how to mother and raise children. It's the kindness and goodness of our mothers who guide us through this delicate time of nurturing.

Motivated by another relevant book, Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Love and Pray. I followed my intuition. I was (it's ever-present) on a spiritual journey of sorts a few years ago in my life. Reconnections had a very strong pull in my vortex. A very close friend whom I hadn't seen in over 15 years came back into my life. Then there was a love from my past whom I once shared a history with over 20 something years ago. This inner voice spurred me to reconnect and reawaken this past relationship - even though it seemed unlikely just because we were in different places on the globe. I wish both my mom and Ty could meet. He would make her smile.

No comments: