Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meme - All about Me

Yes, I'm a softie for a meme. Got this from Girasoli's blog here:
http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/girasoli/

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No – Thank God. Family had considered naming me after my father, Sabino~ ‘nuff said.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Saturday while watching “Sleepless In Seattle” for the fifth time – I cry at anything these days.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Well, I used to (catholic school product of the palmer method) but now the handwriting is harried as I really dislike writing anything out – computers have done me in.

4. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Two (girl/boy)– now adults – bittersweet.

5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
For sure – I’m witty, fun to be around, have a great sense of humor, love doing anything.

6. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
See above. I generally don’t use sarcasm – I tend to think there are other modes of communication that are more effective.

7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
Yes, although I’m pretty sure they should have been removed – huge!

8. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Don't have to ask me twice - sure.

9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Not kidding – hot oatmeal with tangerine honey!

10. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF. No, and I’m sure that says a lot about my nature.

11. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yup, but not by nature - had to become strong as I was a single mother – strong both emotionally and physically.

12. FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Tough one – If I have to pick one, then coffee.

13.WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their attitude.

14. RED OR PINK? Red.

15. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
That I can put on weight at a blink of eye these days – and it takes soooo long to take it off – these days. Y’all know what I’m talking about?

16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My mom.

17. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black

18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Chicken piccata

19 WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Van idling.

20.IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Chartreuse – I used to love that color in the Crayola box when I was younger.

21.FAVORITE SMELLS?
The salt air

22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Ty

23. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Red Sox baseball of course!

24. HAIR COLOR?
it was brown; Now it's a lighter color – it’s colored and foiled a variety of colors to hide the graying…..

25. EYE COLOR?
Brown.

26. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No.

27.FAVORITE FOOD?
Chocolate – is that a food? Could be the reason for answer to No. 15.

28. SCARY MOVIES OR SAPPY ENDINGS?
Sappy endings.

29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Sleepless in Seattle on TV(see #2 above); Slumdog Millionaire at the movies.

30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?Lavendar

31. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer --- mais oui!

32. HUGS OR KISSES?
No fair – I like/want both.

33. FAVORITE DESSERT? Hmmm… need to get back on this one.

34.WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Wayne Dyer’s, “Change your Thoughts, Change your Life – Living the Wisdom of the Tao”.

35. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
College insignia

36. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Something on HGTV - I'm not a big TV fan.

37.FAVORITE SOUND?
Frogs girgling in spring. Sure sign that warmer weather has arrived and the frogs are a’courtin … NO - they are not yet girgling...

38. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
The Beatles. BUT The Stones ARE a close second.

39. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
I think Kauai is farthest from Boston.

40.DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I’m double jointed. Although these days, it’s hard to get out of the double-jointedness….

41.WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Massachusetts.

Back to No. 33: A cannoli - a REAL cannoli - one made with ricotta, sweet cheese filing, and interlaced with bits of chocolate and pistachio-dipped ends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are fun to read. And tangerine honey is something I've never heard of but need to track down...

Anonymous said...

I forgot that I am double jointed also. Mike's Bakery makes great cannoli. Unfortunately I can't eat them anymore unless they are chocolate free - chocolate (my used to be very favorite food) is a major migraine trigger for me. Oh, and I used to always think Chartreuse was a pinkish color. Was shocked when I ordered a pack of Chartreuse construction paper for my class and found that it was a greenish color! I do like the color though :)