Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No Resolutions for me


OK-By now you know I'm not a fan of resolutions, but I do adhere to the philosophy of visualization (ie, dreamboards, etc. see http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Dream-Board).

I found this 'inspiration tool' on one of the quilting blogs I peruse (sorry, don't remember which one) and thought THIS I can do and maybe get over the temporary paralysis of beginning a quilt i have been wanting to do for over a year!


"Ninety days

Choose something that you would like to accomplish or change within the next 90 days.
It's a more manageable length of time than a year and then you can do it again. Write out your goal."

So, here's my goal. BEGIN the Maui quilt. This is a quilt of the stained-glass windows at the Grand Wailea Hotel on Maui, at their wedding chapel ... heaven on earth. I was going to paper piece the entire thing - a gargantuan task which stymied me....but, now I can paint it as a quilt - i'm thinking....stay tuned.

No comments: